You’re a female entrepreneur and you’ve just found out you’re pregnant. You’re also probably thinking, I’m now going to have to stop or pause my business. Very few ‘mom-preneurs’ think it’s possible to take maternity leave, let alone make it happen, but is that really true?
Melissa Parks has really defied that misconception. In this episode Melissa shares frankly how she managed to take maternity leave and focus on her child, while also keeping her business running. In fact, she says that having a baby has made her a better business owner! Melissa talks in detail about the importance of planning, how to remain flexible and why it is important to evaluate your purpose for the long-term benefit of you and your business.
I show up more as a leader in my life and my business since I became a mom
Melissa Parks, PhD is a former therapist (PhD in Clinical and Health Psychology) who provides mindset coaching for entrepreneurs struggling with imposter syndrome, overwhelm and procrastination. She helps her clients increase their confidence and productivity and learn to navigate the emotional rollercoaster of entrepreneur life so that they can make the impact (and profit!) they dream of, without sacrificing their well-being or relationships in the process.
She’s also the co-founder of the Location Independent Therapists (LIT) Community and author of the upcoming book, “Making My Way Home,” her story of finding self-acceptance during the 10 years she lived abroad. You can learn more at her website www.melissaparks.com
What you will learn:
- How to evaluate the timing of your maternity leave
- What you can plan ahead of time and adjust along the way to keep the business sustainable
- How to stay motivated, find the time and the energy to get back to business
Resources and inspiration:
- Listen to episode 138: What can you do when it is not the right time to launch your business? – With Gertraud Eregger
- Listen to episode 144: Is imposter syndrome holding you back in your business? – With Melissa Parks
- Time tracking tool: Toggl Track
Find Melissa Online:
- Website: www.melissaparks.com
- Facebook: Melissa Parks, PhD – Mindset Coaching for Entrepreneurs
- Linkedin:Melissa Parks, Ph.D.
- Instagram: @melissaparksphd
Share Your Love!
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments!