The expat life is amazing and can be full of incredible opportunities. However, it can create some very real and significant challenges for your career if you are constantly moving to follow your partner’s job.
There are practical challenges like whether you can get a work permit with your visa status, whether your qualifications are accepted and then you can run into issues where employers don’t see the value of your international experience or simply don’t want to hire someone who is always on the move.
“Stop thinking about how far you could have come, start figuring out what you can do now.”
All of this can lead to some serious issues with your sense of identity, your relationship with your partner and your wellbeing.
It does not have to be that way! Yes, the expat career curse is a real thing but there are things you can do to overcome it, to find personal fulfillment and purpose and financial independence.
This week, I’m going to tell you three big things you can do to break the career curse and change your thinking about what you can do, right now, and why it is never too late to make a change!
What You Will Learn
- What are the circumstances that lead to the career curse
- How to turn around the expat spouse career curse
- What key mindset shift that need to happen
This episode is also available in a blog format:
- Click here to find the article
Resources And Inspiration:
- Global expat numbers set to soar to 87.5m by 2021
- Expat partners are not taken seriously – This is how it can change – Alix Carnot
- Preserve your health and the energy you need in your business with easy Ayurvedic recipes – Rashmi Zimburg
- Dual career couples & putting the business at the same level as the partner’s job – With Jennifer Petriglieri
Share Your Love!
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments!