Can a crisis really become an opportunity for your business? As the COVID-19 pandemic started, I shared some strategies to build a recession-proof business.
One of the clients I was working with at the time implemented these strategies with remarkable results, despite incredibly challenging personal circumstances.
“As hard it was to find the energy and time to run a family and a business during lockdown, I could not give up working on my business, I had to double down on my efforts to adapt to the crisis.”
Marcelle Yeager runs Career Valet, which empowers mid- to senior-level professionals and executives to reach the next level of their career by strengthening their career narratives for their job search. She was just about to launch a new service targeting those who had a job but wanted to move when employers stared to cut jobs or put employees on furlough due to the pandemic.
In this week’s episode, she shares how she quickly assessed the new challenges created by the pandemic and re-focused on serving her community when they most needed her skills. As a result of how she showed up as an entrepreneur, and pivoted to meet emerging needs, she experienced some of the best monthly results since her business started eight years ago.
What You Will Learn
- What the 3 steps to pivot a business during a recession are and what these can look like in practice
- What tangible results Marcelle and her partner achieved when they implemented these strategies
- Whatchallenges and mindset shifts needed to be addressed to get results
Resources And Inspiration:
- How to know if it is time to call it off or pivot your business? – With Marcelle Yeager
- How to create your recession proof business now! – Part 1: Assess
- Create a recession-proof business – Part 2: Pivot
- Create a recession-proof business – Part 3: Super Serve
- Clockwork by Mike Michalowicz
Find Marcelle online
Share Your Love!
Share Your Thoughts!
Connect with the Tandem Nomads community and share your comments!