This is a replay of an episode that first aired May 2016. As we start the new year, now is a perfect time to create a career plan with the advice and inspiration from our guest, Kirsten de Greling-Visman.
Kirsten is Dutch Canadian raised as an expat child across the Netherlands, Canada, the Dutch Antilles, the US, France and Spain. Kirsten then settled and built her career in the Netherlands as a program manager and career advisor in universities. In 2007, although she was offered three major positions by various universities, she took the decision to leave her promising career to join her French-Finish fiancé who was sent to Albania for his job. Since then, they have had two boys and have been moving across Africa to Cameroon, Burkina Faso and now they live in Zambia.
“Have the persistence to execute your own plan”
While moving from a country to another, Kirsten has been able to take few job assignments but also trained to become a certified coach. Today she is a career coach, helping expat partners and women in transition redefine their identity, rediscover their passion and reconnect to a life and career they love.
Highlights from this episode:
- What she did after going through a hard time finding her sense of fulfillment when she first moved as an expat spouse to Albania.
- How she created a plan that led her to build her portable careers
- How social media and internet are helping her expand her business and grow.
“Time is ticking. Use your experience abroad to develop your value on the market for when your repatriate.”
Kirsten’s book recommendation:
Find Kirsten online:
- Web: www.claritycompasscareercoach.com
- Facebook: Clarity Compass Career Coach
- Linkedin: Kirsten de Greling – Visman
Gift for you!
Download Kirsten’s freebie: The Clarity Compass Workbook